Readers have helped authors for many years by giving them answers to 10 questions during a survey.
It’s important to authors to reach out and find their audience. And in order to do that we need to find out what is important for readers when they read our books.
My first book I wrote called Modified: 2099 that book is a Sci-Fi, Time Travel, Romance and Dystopia book.
Book 2 is called So You Think You Want To be a Hairstylist is Business, Career, and Beauty book
Book 3 The Eleventh Arrow. Is a Memoir, History, and Escape book.
And book 4 is called The Secret Chatroom it is a fun young people read. The book is a Romance, Murder, Mystery, Chatroom kind of a book.
So the first question to readers is_____
- What is your favorite type of genre to read?
My favorite type of book is time-travel. I always love to read what the future could be like.
- Would you rather have a man villain or a female villain?
I always want my female lead character to win the battles against the male villain.
- Would you rather buy your books on line or in a bookstore?
I don’t remember the last time I bought a book at a bookstore. I always find them at a better price on line.
- Which do you prefer? A hard cover or a soft cover?
It depends on what type of book I am reading, but mostly I shop for soft cover books.
- Which would you rather purchase an audiobook, a kindle book or an old-fashioned kind of a book?
Audiobooks are becoming more and more popular these days with so many people having busy schedules. So lately I have been getting more audiobooks.
- If you were offered a free trial for an audiobook would you take it?
Yes, that’s how I got my first audiobook. It was from a free trial offer.
I bought The Eleventh Arrow using this free trial audiobook code… Free with 30-day Trial
- How many books do you read in a year?
I probably read about 30 books a year, but I do listen to many more audiobooks.
- How many books have you gotten as a gift?
My family and friends love to buy me books. They make really great gifts. This year I received 10 books as gifts.
- When was the last time you read a book to someone?
I read books to my children all the time. Every night I read them bedtime stories.
- When did you read your last book?
Today. It is a how to book, teaching me how to become a better blogger.
Ok, I answered all of these questions to help other authors. Now it’s your turn. Please leave a message with your answers so that all authors may benefit from all of us.
Thank you for your support and participation.